Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Ballerina Shoes"

It's been a very busy summer for me so far; so busy that I have not had the time to do my regular amount of quilting.  So I am just going to keep on posting some of my older quilts until I finish the one I'm working on now, "Strawberry Fields" ... yum!

 This one is called "Ballerina Shoes".  I found this lovely pattern in one of my million quilt books, but can't remember which one.  I also don't remember the fabric designer or manufacturer, but the fabric with the little girl ballerinas and the purple shoe fabric is sparkly!


 I only have one close-up shot, but it shows the details pretty good.  I "fussy cut" (this means specifically cutting a particular piece of the fabric design) the ballerinas "on point" (this means a square turned sideways) for the star blocks.  Then I cut out and hand-appliqued the shoes on using a blanket stitch and used satin ribbon the the shoe ties.


It turned out great ... I hope you like it!

Quilts Sew Shabby

1 comment:

Mina said...

I love this! The ribbons on the ballet shoes are so quaint as is the sweet sparkles in the fabric. I love the special touches you always put into your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...